What does my child’s first visit look like?
By starting scheduled visits to the dentist at a young age, you set your child up for a lifetime of healthy dental behaviors. Your first visit to Super Smiles should leave a lasting positive impression for both you and your child. You should plan to schedule your first appointment with Dr. Amanda Buscemi upon the eruption of the first tooth or no later than your child’s first birthday.
Your first visit will be a short visit. You can expect the following during your first visit:
- Valuable knowledge about your child’s oral health growth.
- A take home plan including information about flossing, brushing, proper nutrition, and the importance of fluorides.
- Information about Early Child Caries (may be attributed to misuse of sippy cups or improper nursing habits) and a caries risk evaluation for your child.
- What you, as a parent can do to avoid harm to your child’s teeth and mouth area.
- What you need to know about preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth.
- Details on pacifier, finger,and thumb routines and how these affect your child.